HomeClosetStyleBeautyCafeCraftBackpackLifeDesignEct

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trending: Skinny Jeans + Baggy Tops


I don't know about you, but I've been to the city countless times this past weekend running errands, shopping and going to classes. I reside super close to NYC, so it's not too hard spotting trends, especially when literally everyone is sporting it.

It's been getting colder recently in New York, so us fashionistas here have been pulling out our long denim and sweaters back out. Brr! A super cute trend that I'm currently loving is the classic, chic look - dark skinny jeans paired with an over-sized sweater. Fortunately, it's not freezing to the point where I have to dig into my closet to find my pair of Uggs, so I've been pairing my outfit with gladiator sandals and casual flip flops.

Pulling off the look:
You can find skinny jeans pretty much anywhere; I've found over the years that I appreciate my Charlotte Russe ones best. It's not the best quality (compared to True Religion and Levi) but it's super budget friendly and you're not tempted to get weepy when you get them dirty. For baggy sweaters, I actually like the university logo-d sweaters for when I'm on campus - then when I'm off, I like the Wildfox, Topshop, and Forever 21 sweaters. Finally, for gladiators and flip flops, I go for the generic ones at Forever 21 and Wet Seal.
As for accessories and hair, I keep it to a minimum with dainty rings and pearl/stud earrings, and wear my hair either softly curled in front of my face or up in a messy bun.

Fashion don't dos:
-Pair the outfit with a necklace.
-Add chunky accessories.
-Wear your hair pin straight or in a ponytail.

For those of you who aren't in New York, what's super trendy right now in your area?

4 comments:

  1. I just love skinny jeans ! They are just so much more feminine than bootcuts !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree that wavy definitely goes well with this look! This look is very casual and comfy so there's need to add a bunch of bling! But if you have a very plain solid color top you could add a simple necklace just not with sweaters. :) What's trending in my area is the coral and neon color tops and bottoms!

    kassicalife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this look so simple yet adorable :)

    ReplyDelete