Monday, April 23, 2012
Pink Butter Cream Frosting Recipe
Those of you who follow me on Twitter probably saw my tweet about making pink frosting cupcakes for my friend's birthday yesterday! Well, a lot of you DM'ed me after that asking for a follow up recipe on this blog...so here it is! Ta-da!
(I got this recipe from The Cupcakery!)
You Will Need:
-4 oz./1 stick unsalted butter, softened
-4 oz. vegetable shortening
-5 cups powdered sugar
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-2 tablespoons whole milk
-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
-1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
-Red food coloring
1) Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, shortening, and salt for about 30 seconds.
2) Add half of the powdered sugar and milk to the butter mixture and beat again until combined. Scrape down the bowl.
3) Add the remainder of the powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Beat until combined. Scrape down the bowl again.
4) Beat on high speed for 5-6 minutes or until the frosting is fluffy. Add red food coloring, a few drops at a time until desired color is achieved.
5) It is preferable to use the frosting on the same day you make it, but it can keep in the refrigerator for 3 days if tightly wrapped. Make sure and stir the butter cream well before using to get the air bubbles out of the frosting and then pipe onto completely cooled cupcakes.