HomeClosetStyleBeautyCafeCraftBackpackLifeDesignEct

Monday, April 23, 2012

Laundry/Closet Organization and Labeling


If there's one thing about me, it's that I am very, very picky about my bedroom. Everything has to be in perfect order and organized, otherwise I go crazy. Therefore, today I decided to dedicate a complete post to my laundry and closet order.

What I do:
-I separate my laundry into 3 bags: Whites, Darks, and Other. I've had jinxed experiences with washing different color schemes together, so I'm super OCD about what I launder with what.
-When I take something out of my closet to put into my laundry bags, I hang a tag on the hanger to let myself know that the item is currently in the laundry. I label my hangers with what clothing item is on which hanger, so I know exactly which piece is missing. The tags look a little like this:

To make:
1) Copy/paste the above label onto a word document and print out on card stock paper. photo paper, or "stiffer" paper to prevent bending and rips.
2) Use a paper cutter to cut out into the shape of a square.
3) Hole punch the top and loop a piece of string through the hole.

You're done! Happy organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment